We except card only
YSAL CIRCUIT RULES AND ELIGILBILTY
All teams play 16 min halfs and overtime will be 1 additional minute.
Teams are allowed 4 timeouts per game (2 full & 2 thirties, 1 additional timeout awarded for overtime).
Each team is allowed three passes for entry into the tournament (2 coaches and 1 scorekeeper). The 2 coaches will sit on the bench with the team and the scorekeeper will be designated to sit at the score table and keep the stats.
Each team is responsible for their own warm up balls. The home team will provide the game ball and be the official stat keeper.
20pt lead rule: If a team establishes a 20 point lead, the clock will continue to run with the exception of timeouts.
If a 20 point lead drops to 14, the game will resume normal clock operation.
30pt lead rule: Teams that are winning by 30 points can’t press full court, must pick up
We will use an age base system for 7th (13u) grade to 8th grade (14u). 9th grade to 12th grade will be using a grade base system and post grad will use (22u)
Examples are as follows:
· 13u: A player can be no older than 13 on September 1, 2017. (7th Grade)
· 14u: A player can be no older than 14 on September 1, 2017. (8th Grade)
· A player who is in the 9th grade as of October 1, 2016 and who is no older than 16 on September 1, 2017.
· 16u/10th grade: A player can be no older than 16 on September 1, 2017.
· A player who is in the 10th grade as of October 1, 2016 and who is no older than 17 on September 1, 2017.
· 17u/11th grade: A player can be no older than 17 on September 1, 2017.
· A player who is in the 11th grade as of October 1, 2016 and who is no older than 18 on September 1, 2017.
· 18u/12th grade: A player can be no older than 19 on September 1, 2017.
· A players who is in the 12th grade as of October 1, 2016 and who is no older than 19 on September 1, 2017.
Proof of age and report card are required at all tournaments during check in. Any player that does not have all documents will not be allowed to play in the tournament.
Technical Fouls will be handled as followed:
· Player -2 Technical fouls in 1 game will result in disqualification for the remainder of the game plus a suspension from the next game.
· Coach -2 Technical fouls in 1 game will result in a disqualification for the remainder of the game and must leave the gym not permitted to watch. Also after first technical foul coach must sit and cannot stand remainder of game.
Players can play up in a tournament but not down. Players can only participate on 1 team in a tournament.
A player must play in at least one pool play game to be eligible to play in a bracket play.
Each head coach is responsible for the players, assistant coaches, scorekeeper and parents of his/her team. Any misconduct on or off the court will result in immediate dismissal and/or disqualification from the tournament. Tournament fees, entry fees or any other fees WILL NOT BE REFUNDED NO EXCEPTIONS!!!
The game clock shall be the official, visible timepiece on which the time remaining in a period shall be displayed. A visible game clock that shows a 10th-of-a-second display when less than one minute remains in a period is required. Art. 3. An alternate timing device and scoring display shall be available in the event of malfunctions. Note: It is recommended that the game clock, red light or LED lights be synchronized.
Art. 1. A shot clock is one of the two official visible timepieces that display the amount of time the team in control has to release a try for a field goal so that it hits the ring or the flange.
Team Benches—Scorers’ and Timers’ Table
Art. 1. The home team’s game administration shall designate each team’s bench. Art. 2. The team benches shall be located equidistant from the division line extended at each side of the scorers’ and timers’ table on the sidelines. Art. 3. The scorers’ and timers’ table shall be located courtside and at midcourt. Art. 4. Teams shall warm up at the end of the playing court farthest from their own bench for the first half.
Uniforms (Game Jersey and Shorts) Art. 1. A uniform shall consist of the game shorts and game jersey. Game shorts are the bottom portion of the uniform. Game jerseys are the top part of the uniform. Art. 2. Warm-ups are any pieces of clothing worn by team members that must be removed before they become players. Warm-ups are not considered part of the uniform. Art. 3. The color, style and design of all teammates’ game jerseys and game shorts shall be alike. Art. 4. Opposing team uniforms shall be of contrasting colors. The home team shall wear light game jerseys and game shorts and the away team shall wear dark game jerseys and game shorts. This rule may be altered by mutual consent of the competing institutions. Team uniform and game jersey colors shall be defined by the color of the neutral zone. A perceptible majority of the game shorts shall be the color of the neutral zone.
NOTE: The tournament director will have the last word and final decision to remove or disqualify any team.
THE YSAL BASKETBALL CIRCUIT RULES